Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cochlear & Carl Rohrs Slide Show

Well I went to Carl Rohrs slide show last night - in FRIGID temperatures. Sheesh I don't know why I do that to myself, but it was well worth the discomfort. He had 3 trays worth and was talking the whole time. He was behind and to the left of me by a good 8 plus feet and I could hear and understand everything he was saying. WOW is all I can say. This is one of the reasons I went ahead with the implant surgery, I WANTED TO HEAR THE TEACHERS. I was yakking with my friends - it was just such a pleasant experience. Then two friends drove me home and I was sitting in the back seat with both of them in the front and we were actually having a 3 way conversation. There is such a big grin on my face thinking about that experience. I am soooo looking forward to hearing everything the teacher says on Monday, plus playing in class.

And on another note - my heating doesn't work AGAIN. I think this is the 3rd time since it was installed this summer. I'm starting to regret having changed a very dependable heating system that NEVER broke down in the 9.5 years I've been living in the house. I've got my heating pad keeping my feet warm and bundled into a bunch of thick sweaters. The repairman will be later this afternoon/evening. Hopefully it can be fixed and stays fixed this time.

So now I'm going to do a bit of creating finally.

No comments: