Saturday, August 16, 2008

CBH Challenge for Aug 12th


I've finally done one for this weeks CBH Challenge. And it was a challenge since my brain just wouldn't get around the theme. But then I got some of my rubber from Suzanne, which included the Fiddleheads, and I have a friend going to Halifax, and I remembered seeing all these Fiddleheads on the road when I traveled through New Brunswick on route to PEI. And one thought led to another and this is the result. I'll be putting a few definitive words on the inside since my friend is technically not going in spring but in the fall (only frozen fiddleheads at that time). Heh you can't have everything...

I printed out a section of a map of the area I wanted (in black and white) and then colored it with Pan Pastels in yellows and brown (gave it more of a vintage look). Mounted that to a dark olive toned Bazzill Monochromatic cardstock then onto the celery colored Bazzill. Rubber stamped my fiddleheads and the word "fiddleheads" with a Versafine green stamp pad. Added the rest of the text with sumi ink. Mounted all this onto my main card which was white and brayered with Kaleidacolor "Spectrum" (one of my newest stamp pads) and misted with water, then dried. I like the touch of vibrant color around the more subdued tones.

I didn't make a web page this time so clicking on the image will only give you a larger image this time. Enjoy.

1 comment:

nancy said...

Very nice. I love the fiddleheads and I love the map.
Nancy