Sunday, September 4, 2011

MC Sept/11 - Case - Poinsettia Spirit

One of the long term DT members from Flourishes Blog (Leslie Miller) is retiring. From the first time I saw one of her cards, I was amazed. She has such a beautiful way of putting DP papers together, her coloring is fabulous and she has such a wonderful sense of balance and fun. Will miss seeing her creations on a regular basis.

The Flourishes gang is having a Salute to Leslie challenge and we're asked to case one of Leslie's cards and I chose the one below. Imagine trying to do that. Sheesh. I fall a far cry from doing it, but here is my efforts...

I used the Tsukineko Goosebumps spray I just got the other day and really love it.

I'm also using a Quietfire Design rubber stamp quote, and if you'd like to see more details and descriptions, just click on card image. Enjoy.

I'm also entering it in a few challenges and chalking up another Xmas card for this year. YES!!! as I punch the air.
My Time To Craft  #155 flowers 
All Sorts Challenge  #115 green & blue
Leslie's card

5 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

A Beautiful card love the Green and Blue Background and the second card is stunning!!

Thanks for joining in our Green and Blue themed challenge this week at Allsorts and good luck in the Draw...

Emma xxx

Nicola said...

Beautiful Christmas card!
Thanks for entering our Blue and Green challenge this week at Allsorts and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous cards, I especially love the 2nd one. It's stunning
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, thanks, Yogi! I just happened to pop in today and saw this post. Love your poinsettia card. The background is very pretty and I love how you used the peels to create a border. I still have some of those in my stash. Really a nice idea for the broken border.

Shirley said...

You are reminding me I should get busy! LOLOL What a really pretty Poinsettia and a wonderful card too!