Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Online Class Day 8 Canvas & Acetate

Well I really like the look of this acetate card. I scored and folded a piece of Graffix clear craft plastic into a 4.25" x 5.5" card.

Stamped the background stamp with a mix of Spring White acrylic paint and JoSonja's Opal Dust and brayered it on to my stamp then on to the acetate.. Set aside to dry. (washed the stamp immediately)

This stamping on to tissue paper and then adhering it to the canvas with Matte Medium, is something that's not high on my list to try again. Stamped both the Poinsettia (Flourishes) and the word Joy with Versafine Black Onyx on the tissue, spread a layer of the medium on the sticky back canvas and carefully pressed down my tissue paper, allowed to dry. Smooshed my Tombow watercolor markers onto my craft sheet, spritz some Perfect Pearls water and painted the flower.

Adhered a piece of burgundy MiTientes paper on the back of the cover. Adhered my Canvas piece on the front, leaving a border on either side. Added piece of paper/cardstock to the back, both sides.

Electronically cut my word peace from black cardstock (can also use white and color with a black marker), then put a layer of Glossy Accents. I like this a lot. adhered it to the card. added Liquid Pearls for the center of the flower.

No comments: