Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Parallel Pen Technique


Annette Wichman from Kensington Art Supply here in Calgary made our Guild aware of a technique with our Parallel Pens... She saw it on Instagram by an artist @danapiazza who double loads his pen by dropping color into the little hole near the nib.

PS don't look at my calligraphy - that's atrocious...

The top images of black Sumi ink in my pen with Kuretake Silver or Gold Mica ink dropped in the hole. I LOVE the results...

Then I said to myself why bother having ink in the pen at all... Just drop colors into the hole... I started with deAtramentis Pearlescent ink Magenta Red/Gold and then after a few letters dropped in Cyan Blue/Copper, Then when I got to the "Y" I dropped in more of the Magenta. The change in color is not as visible in the image as in real life. I love the color in the small "i". It really has a blended merging of color. Will need to do more experimenting... and neater calligraphy.

Click on image for close up pics. Enjoy

No comments: