Saturday, September 9, 2023

Scribbled Lives 2023 - Wk 36 - Brush - Every Artist


Somethings wrong with my website - sigh. I can't seem to access it... I hope it's just a weather or simple glitch that will right itself soon...

Another week of Scribbled Lives this time the challenge is using a Brush... so I pulled out a couple of my Rosemary & Co triangle brushes. 

Size: 6"w x 7"h
On Fabriano 1264 Mixed Media paper.

Sprinkled yellow and red Bister powder over paper and using a med size Rosemary & Co triangle brush dipped into water created the flowers. Dried. Removed excess powder and sprinkled with yellow and green for the leaves.

Used calligraphy brush pens (2 med sizes) to stipple the flower centers  and write the text.

words: Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. Henry Ward Beecher

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

First I gasp at the beauty. Next I make a note of how you used your powders this time. Another brilliant idea to save and try. I'd have to figure a way to adapt it to stamping, hmmmm... Someday. Thanks, Yogi!