Monday, September 11, 2023

WC Powder Stamping Experiment

A friend has been enjoying my various watercolor powder posts and mentioned wondering how it would work with rubber stamps... You all know I'm up for a challenge...

I used Bister powders but it will work just as well with Color Burst or Brusho powders and I'm sure with many other watercolor powders I haven't tried. 

I used a sponge roller and squeezed out all the water. Brayered it over my stamp making sure there were no bubbles of water on the stamp - that would just spread water and create a blob....

I sprinkled my Bister powder onto 110# Staples cardstock (see each image for the combo). I used combos of  Yellow, Red, Blue and Green

I included the B&W stamped images (Versafine "Morning Mist") so you could see the detail of a stamped image versus an WC powder image.

Now all someone has to do is experiment...

This one is my least favorite not having enough definition for me. (all colors)

I like this one. There is enough open and solid areas to give a nice look. (colors yellow & green)

I did the flowers first with yellow & red. The center of the bottom flower wasn't very nice so added more texture with a damp paintbrush.

Shook off the excess and sprinkled with yellow and green for the leaves.

 
These feathers had a lot more yellow. I really loved the way they turned out. (used all 4 colors)

This bottom feather had quite a bit of green in it but doesn't show up in the image. (used all 4 colors)

 



No comments: