Thursday, November 23, 2023

Coptic - Chuckles 1


Size closed: 4"w x 5"h x 3/8"thk
I haven't done a coptic binding since 2010... but thought it would work for this project, but not as well as I thought. Definitely out of practice...

It's 4 signatures of 3 or 4 folios with a total of 52 pages. I only wrote on the right side of each page.

A friend sent me a bunch of funny sayings and I was in a mood to create a booklet of them. Another friend had just given me some wonderful 80# paper that had a slight glossy feel to it and I love writing on it... sorry don't know the exact name of it...

You might notice a title on back and front covers... I realized after writing it, it was on the back cover and consequently upside down... so instead of trying to correct or camouflage it I enhanced it with "Ha Ha Wrong Side..." I'm still chuckling...

Text written with a .08 Micron pen in a funky monoline style. I love interconnecting letters... then colored with Prisma colors #905, 917 & 926 



 

No comments: