Thursday, December 14, 2023

Silver Years Booklet

A friend sent me a bunch of old timer style sayings and I was in a mood to create a booklet with them...

I recently got a 12 x 14 geli plate... no more seams down the middle of my pages... and since I was making something for a commission I decided to make a bunch more pages.

It's 3 signatures of 2 folios with a total of 24 pages.

Another friend had just given me some wonderful 80# paper that had a slight glossy feel to it and I love writing on it... sorry don't know the exact name of it... Text written with a Nikko G nib and Sumi ink in my style of script writing...When cut I edged it with a blue Zig calligraphy 2.0 nib then adhered it to my geli plate pages.

I found the tutorial (Sea Lemon) for the binding (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUmioC9-_5g)

I die cut the scalloped ovals (Spellbinder's) from white 80# paper and a larger one from core'dinations "Elements" assortment. Adhered to covers only on a 1/4" of the right and left edges so the band could slip under the ovals to hold the booklet closed.

Love the title done in a funky style using a pointed nib and Sumi ink.


 

No comments: