Friday, May 17, 2024

Neuland Thanks - Dry Embossing


I find dry embossing very hard to get the results I want... it never comes out as pronounced as I would like. I'll keep trying. I guess I should try on art paper instead of regular cardstock... but thanks Sue Greenseth for a wonderful Neuland and embossing class.

Created my embossing template from regular cardstock. adhered a piece of thin paper like tracing paper to the good side, adhering drop out pieces like in the "A" and gluing down the pointy contours to prevent them from deteriorating while embossing.

On blue Recollections cardstock embossed the word "thanks" then using a cotton ball applied Pan Pastels all over. Rubbed a clean cotton ball to remove the pastels from the high points then adhered to a card base. 

I turned them into cards...

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I can't imagine it would be easy. I remember trying to emboss before there were actually embossing folders.