Friday, May 10, 2024

BVCG June Galleria - My Boots On


This was the 1st piece I created for our next galleria "Under the Western Sky" which is the theme for Stampede this year. Definitely not happy with my cowboy lettering. Not clean enough... Hence the other piece I uploaded yesterday which was cleaner and I liked a whole lot better...

size: 6"w x 4"h
I used another rubber stamp I created of just a plain border, inked with various colors of Distress Oxide pads, misted with water and stamped onto Canson Mixed Media paper (I think...). A ZIG calligraphy pen which I couldn't get the clean lines like with a broad edge nib... Highlighted with a white Juice Up pen.
words:
I may not have much but I still have my boots on.

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Seeing as how I'm not a calligraphy expert this piece looks great to me. I like the lettering and you know how I love color.