Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Funky Fold Card - Sunrise Sunset

At my recent get together with the gals, one of them had made a card and was giving instructions to some of the gals... I decided to make one as well without the instructions... Right or wrong... I love the outcome (you can see it here). Then I was cleaning my art room and came across an Xmas card from a friend made in 2015 that was similar but with more and different positioning of folds...
The text is a song which fits into our Guild's Sept theme of Lyrics...
Size: 4"w x 6"h (opens to 12")
I used an orangey cardstock for the base card. Added pieces of my geli print done on Columbia Mills LBS End Paper that gave the illusion of sunset and sunrise... Text written in, monoline with a Juice Up pen. I added weight to the cover letters and some color (yellow & red) with Posca colored pencils.

How To:

Fold it in thirds. Fold the 1st and 3rd sections in half.
Measure the 1/2 way point from left edge to 1st fold line and put a small dot. Use that measurement, place a dot to the right of the 2nd score line. Cut between those points. (I used 1" from top edge, but can be any size)
Repeat from right edge toward center.
Repeat on bottom.
Add score/fold lines on the upper and lower sections starting with an M fold. (to the R and L of the cut points on both cut sections)
The tall middle section also starts with an M fold.




 

No comments: